Created by: Cagatay Zengin, Bartender, Entwine Bar, New York, NY.
- 2 slices of fresh ginger
- 1 ounce Amaro Montenegro
- 1/4 ounce simple syrup
- 3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 ounce unsweetened cold black tea
- 2 ounces Monkey Shoulder blended Scotch
- 1 ounce seltzer water
- Lemon wheel with ginger candy and mint leaves, for garnish
- Muddle the ginger slices finely, then add the Amaro Montenegro and the simple syrup, then vigorously dry shake.
- Add the rest of the ingredients — omitting the seltzer water— and hard shake for 15 seconds.
- Add the seltzer to the shaker and double strain it into the mug on a few one inch sized ice cubes.
- Garnish with a lemon wheel, ginger candy and mint leaves.
I created this cocktail for my wife, who likes refreshing and easy-to-drink beverages. The combination of black tea and fresh ginger was one of the things that pushed me to create this drink, and the addition of Amaro Montenegro gave it perfect balance.