- 4 large pieces of fresh dragon fruit, plus 1 additional for garnish
- 1 1/2 ounces Ketel One Oranje
- 3 dashes rhubarb bitters
- 3 ounces ginger beer
- 3/4 ounce Domaine De Canton ginger liqueur
- 3/4 ounce fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 fresh peel of orange
- Blend of cayenne pepper and candied ginger, for copper mug rim
- Muddle 4 large pieces of dragon fruit in a shaker tin.
- Add the Ketel One Oranje, rhubarb bitters and ice.
- Shake vigorously and strain into a copper mule mug filled with ice.
- Top with the ginger beer and gently stir to blend all the ingredients.
- Finish with a freshly peeled orange twist, then garnish with a slice of dragon fruit and the cayenne and candied ginger blend on the rim.
The Dragon Mule is a twist on the Dutch Mule, and combines the flavors of fresh, bright dragon fruit, orange, rhubarb and ginger. All of these flavors blend beautifully together. Dragon fruit is a mildly sweet, yet exotic fruit. so the sharpness of the ginger and rhubarb add a nice contrast. To bring even more fire to the Dragon Mule, a mixture of cayenne pepper and candied ginger on the rim of the copper mug brings a pleasantly surprising spice to the cocktail, which lingers on your palate as you enjoy this refreshing drink.