Created by: Ron Oleksa, Bar Manager, The Cellar at Duckworth’s, Charlotte, NC.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ground ginger
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 1/2 ounce Lillet Blanc
- 1 ounce Bluecoat gin
- 3 ounces Prosecco
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Place all ingredients, except the Prosecco and bitters, in a large shaker.
- Add ice. Shake hard for 15-20 seconds.
- Double strain into mule mug.
- Top with Prosecco and the two dashes of Angostura bitters.
Inspiration: This drink was based on the classic French ’75 Champagne cocktail.
Photo credit: Jamey Price with QC Exclusive and Taps and Snaps